Miyerkules, Oktubre 12, 2011

Bubbly Belekoy


Belekoy is a sweet treat that is believed to have came from Bulacan. This is made from flour, sugar, vanilla and covered with sugar bits. I have tried a variety of belekoy covered with sesame seeds and they are really yummy.

I have learned to love this just recently when my yobo got his childish craze over sweet delights particularly this treat. 

However, I am having difficulty in looking for belekoy in the market that is why I buy tons of belekoy whenever I see it in stores.

Belekoy a Bubbly Treat! (photo courtesy of peter albert)

Belekoy is gooey or sticky similar to the western nougat. Probably this is the characteristic highlighted in the expression “makunat ka pa sa belekoy” referring to a person who is very serious in penny pinching. 

1 komento:

  1. Do you know where I can buy belekoy from? I live in the US and have actually asked several relatives to buy it for me but they couldn't find it anywhere? Not in palengkes, SM supermarket, Bulacan, not even Quiapo.

    TumugonBurahin