Miyerkules, Oktubre 12, 2011

In Love with Igado

Igado is really the Spanish word for liver, there is no wonder why this is the name of the creamy meat dish we love during fiestas and anyday events.

This recipe is from my mother. She taught me this recipe several years ago since this is one of my dad’s favorite dish. Maybe she is thinking that I will also cook this for my future hubby. Well I like challenges so I was able to cook her special igado that is well loved in our household.

Ingredients

1 kilo pork sliced and marinated (marinated with soy sauce, ground pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
1 kilo pig’s liver sliced in bite size
1 pc pig’s heart sliced
1 large can cooked peas, sieved
2 pcs bell pepper sliced thin
5 pcs bay leaf
1 /2 cup dark soy sauce
1 pc medium sized onion, julienned
5 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon ground pepper

How to Cook Igado:

Stir fry onion until clear and then add garlic stir until aromatic. Add the pork and pig’s heart until golden brown. Add the chicken peas, bay leaf, pepper and soy sauce. Simmer for about 15 minutes and stir from time to time until the meat ingredients are tender. Put the remaining peas, bell pepper and liver and boil until the bell pepper is cooked. If you want a darker Igado, add some dark soy sauce. Serve with rice. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento