Sabado, Oktubre 1, 2011

NO COOK FONDANT FROM A CLASSIC FILIPINO COOKBOOK

(Source: web.me.com)
Aside from the rare commercial ice cream spree, or the sporadic instance where I munch some pies, I am not actually into desserts. It’s not that I don’t like sweets; it’s just that my sweet tooth seems shy at times.
So when I stumble on a dessert recipe where I don’t have to heat my oven, my sweet tooth seems happy. Such instance, when I was thumbing the classic cookbook “Mga Bagong Lutuing Pantahanan,” and found an easy recipe for “No Cook Fondant.”

The Fondant is very easy to prepare and need several ingredients that you might have already lurking in your cupboard. And besides, like many Filipinos, I love the sugar syrup and this recipe makes great use of this condiment.

INGREDIENTS:
1/3 cup soft margarine
1/3 cup corn syrup
½ tsp salt
1tsp vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar

HOW TO PREPARE:
All you need to do is blend margarine, corn syrup, salt and vanilla in a large bowl. Then add all the sugar. At first, you can use a spoon for mixing, but when it gets solid, you can use your hands (just be sure to wash then first). Put all the dry ingredients and continue blending using your hands. Put the mass over a clean slate then continue mashing until all ingredients are equally blended and smoothen. This will provide you with at least 1.3 pounds of sweet delight. Put it in the fridge. Shape the fondant however you want.

But you don’t have to take my word for it. For the precise “No Cook Fondant” recipe (in Filipino), and for more delicious Filipino dishes, grab a copy of “Mga Bagong Lutuing Pantahanan.” It’s a wonderful guide for authentic and easy Filipino recipes.

(Source: Mga Bagong Lutuing Pantahanan Recipes Book)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento